Due to circumstances beyond the Commission’s control, all hearing dates and times are subject to change. Changes to the schedule will be updated on this page.
COVID-19 HEARING PROCESSES
The Commission of Pardons and Parole has been monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and modifying hearing processes accordingly. On March 18th, Governor Little issued a proclamation stating that for the duration of the emergency declaration related to COVID-19, the portion of the Open Meetings Act that requires public agencies to have a physical location for public meetings is suspended. All other requirements remain in place, including providing the public with the ability to attend public meetings by telecommunication devices. The public’s ability to safely attend hearings during the COVID outbreak is of utmost importance to the Commission. With that in mind, the Commission is implementing the following processes-
Beginning Monday, May 11th
- Commission hearings will be streamed exclusively via WebEx. You can access WebEx with these options:
- To use a computer or electronic device with internet service, click the following link:
- To use a cell phone, download the WebEx Meet app in your app store and follow the prompts.
- The hearing session meeting number and password for the day’s hearings are available below and will be updated throughout the session.
- Opportunities for testimony via WebEx will remain the same:
- To testify, you must give at least 5 days notice to the Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 208-334-2520.
- One Victim or Victim Representative will be allowed to testify at the end of the hearing
- One Attorney will be allowed to testify at the end of the hearing
- One Inmate Family Member or Supporter, who has already given advance notice to the Commission, will be allowed to testify at the beginning of the hearing. Please use the name you provided to us when you log into WebEx so we are able to identify you.
- A Commission staff member will keep a list of those who asked to testify at least 5 days in advance.
- The Commission will call on those people when it is their turn to testify, you will be muted by Commission staff until it is your designated time to testify to minimize background noise.
- Please maintain appropriate dress and conduct while on video. If your behavior is disruptive or inappropriate you may be removed from the meeting by Commission staff.
- The public will be placed on hold while the Commission deliberates during executive session. The WebEx session will resume when executive session is over.
- To avoid the public waiting for their hearing on WebEx for a lengthy period of time, the hearing order is posted below. When hearings are completed the inmate’s name will be struck through by Commission staff.
WebEx Hearing information:
Meeting number (access code): 146 113 6089
Meeting password: Pcbh8bmfb28
Monday, June 8, 2020 Hearings Order